Friday, September 5, 2008

Working on the recipe for the next batch.

More for my use than yours; this is the rough outline (not yet complete) for my next batch o' brew.

1# Crystal Malt 10

9# Amber DME

1oz Super Styrians @ 60 min boil
1oz Super Styrians @ 60 min boil
1oz Bramling Cross @ 20 min boil
1oz Willamette @ 10 min boil

Wyeast 1098 British Ale Yeast

I haven't determined what my finishing hops are going to be yet.  I do know that I need to buy the DME still, as well as said finishing hops, some nylon bags, and maybe a couple of decent beer mugs.  :)

I had originally shot for a Labor Day brew date on this, which didn't happen due to timing and funds.  Having planned it in advance, I'm having a "Bills and Brews" party on September 28th, where I'm brewing this beer and showing the Bills/St. Louis game.

No comments: